Sunday, August 16, 2009

Julie/Julia Inspiration

Hello! I just got back from seeing the movie Julie/Julia and, due to the movie, had a tremendous urge to do a blog post. It's one of those movies that gives you the incentive and encouragement to find and/or do the stuff you always think about doing but never work up the nerve to do. Even though I was disappointed at the ending (don't worry, I won't tell you the movie), I am still glad I went to see it. Julie is such a great inspiration for those of us who start things but never finish them. She had the same issue until she did her Julie/Julia blog. I think the key to finishing what you start or learning something new is to keep telling yourself that you can do it (and stick to it) and to not set your standards too high. I know, easier said than done. For a while I was starting to get bummed out over my low sales so far but then realized I was expecting too much too fast. So for right now my goal is to get at least 1 new blog follower, fan on facebook, or heart on etsy a day. It's like cooking in the crock pot I guess lol. It may be low and slow but eventually a great reward will come!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited about seeing that movie...great looking blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juli! Yours looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the movie and yes even though things are slow with Etsy, we must have faith, that things will get better. Just keep cruising the forums and add some lower priced items to your shop. That's what I did.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice wishwithme :) I really enjoyed your latest posting regarding etsy advice.

    ReplyDelete